TST - TriScan Tire
360° profile measurement system for tires and rims
TriScanTire combines important functions in one device. It is designed for 3D tread analysis, profile measurements and the recording of a 2D cross-sectional profile for car and truck tires.
Field of application
R&D- and Quality departments of tire and automobile manufacturers, as well as independent test institutes use it for tire development, first tire qualifica-tion, competitor studies, steady tire quality assurance.
A laser point triangulation sensor is moved around the tire by a x- and y-linear axis and additionally rotatable around its own axis so that the tire shape is measured from bead to bead to gather a 2D section measurement.
For circumference measurement the sensor is stopped at a certain position while the tire/wheel is rotated by the precise balanced tire driver unit. The sensor signal is triggered by the encoder pulses 8192 times, resulting in a high resolution scan along one track.
To achieve the 3D map, the sensor is moved some millimeters (or even less) step by step after each turn and executing the aforementioned circumference measurement for multiple tracks.
- Measurement technology: Triangulation-Point-Laser-Sensor
- Laser: Visible / Red
- Laser Class: 2M /3B
- Data transmission: Digital
- Tire types: PCR / LTR / TBR / OTR / MC / Carting
- Rim size: 13‘‘ -23‘‘(other sizes optional)
- Tire width: upto 550 mm (other sizes optional)
- Tire diameter: upto 1300 mm (other sizes optional)
- Tire weight: 70kg (optional 120- 400kg)
- Digital Laser Sensor
- Non-contact measuring method
- Point controlled laser intensity
- Cyclical and linear movement of the axes
- Collision protection system between product and sensors
- High-precision linear guides with recirculating ball screws
- Manual tire positioning
- Automated measuring process
- Rotatable measuring head
- Laser cross projection for optimized product alignment
- Universal rim clamping sets for centric product assembly
- Rim pressure flange for homogeneous contact pressure
- Industrial and WINDOWS based computer system
- Floor installation with heavy-duty anchors
- Selected and durable standard components
- Production and quality "Made in Germany
- Tire recording camera system
- Optional accessories