What Constitutes Personal Data?
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Personal Data Collection and Use
GL Inspect collects directly or indirectly the following Personal Data about our users:
Personal Data obtained directly by you
- First and last name
- Email address
- Your position or title at work
- Your job description
- Phone number
- Company you work for
- City, State or Region and Country
Personal Data obtained directly by you if you apply for a job at GL Inspect:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Education level
Personal Data obtained by third-parties
GL Inspect obtains Personal Data from two sources:
- Trade Shows where GL Inspect is a participant
- Webinars that GL Inspect sponsors
- Distribution partners
The Personal Data obtained includes:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- The type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser)
Our website uses so-called cookies in several places. "Cookies" are small text files that are stored on your computer by your browser. They serve to make our offer more user-friendly, more effective and safer. Cookies also enable our systems to recognise your browser and offer you services. Cookies do not contain any personal data. You have the possibility to prevent the storage of cookies on your computer by appropriate settings in your browser. This could, however, restrict the range of functions of our offer
Purpose of Personal Data Processing
GL Inspect processes Personal Data to:
- confirm your identity in the process of creating your account;
- create your account, provide you with convenient and personalized access to your account, and deliver and support for your account;
- communicate with you about your account;
- communicate product announcements and software updates to you;
- respond to requests for product demonstration or information;
- keep track about the content that you are interested in based on the documentation that you download from the website;
- activate GL Inspect product emulator;
- respond to requests for assistance (including providing account verification support if you’re having difficultly accessing your account);
- send you marketing emails regarding GL Inspect products or services (for further information regarding marketing email see the Email Communication section below).
- review your qualifications for the job you are applying for
- communicate with you regarding the job you are applying for
GL Inspect processes Usage Data to:
- Gather information to help us administer the system;
- Provide user access;
- Make improvements to the website;
- Analyze user trends;
- Collect information about use by geographic region;
- Evaluate our website’s content and organization.
GL Inspect does NOT collect any data about you on behalf of or for delivery to third-party advertisers. As well, GL Inspect does NOT collect any data that tracks your visits to any third-party websites.
Legal Basis for Processing
The Personal Data that GL Inspect processes is supported by three legal bases:
- For the performance of a contract, or
- By obtaining your explicit consent at the time of collection, or
- For a legitimate interest in the part of GL Inspect to establish a prospective sale relationship with you based on the request for information that you submit through our website.
Personal Data Disclosure
GL Inspect is NOT in the business of selling, renting, or sharing Personal Data. GL Inspect does NOT publish your Personal Data or make it public. GL Inspect only discloses Personal Data when:
- In the cases where we request your consent, we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- We need to share your Personal Data with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf subject to strict data protection requirements.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate our website.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of Personal Data is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of GL Inspect and our users or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, subpoena, court orders, or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
- You request GL Inspect I to contact you and we need to share your contact data with our trusted distribution partners in regions where GL Inspect does not have a local office.
Storage and Transfer of your Personal Data
Where Is My Personal Data Stored?
Please be aware that Personal Data submitted to GL Inspect will be transferred to and stored in the following geographical locations:
- GL Inspect data centre in Germany
How Secure Is My Data?
GL Inspect is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We maintain appropriate safeguards and take reasonable precautions to protect it. Please note that Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, GL Inspect cannot ensure the security of data you transmit to us and cannot take responsibility for any theft, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, loss, alternation, or destruction of data by a third party. Accordingly, by creating an account or submitting an inquiry on GL Inspect websites you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your GL Inspect password is protected by encryption, and only you have access to it.
- Your Personal Data and all data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
- For the Personal Data stored at GL Inspect devices in Canada, the data is housed in a secure facility, and GL Inspect restricts physical and network access to this device to only authorized trained staff. We regularly evaluate our technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users’s data.
- For the Personal Data stored at a third-party provider, GL Inspect ensures that we solely work with US third-party providers that comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data transferred from the European Union to the US.
Personal Data Retention and Deletion
When is my Personal Data removed?
GL Inspect keeps your Personal Data only as long as we need it for the products and services you’re using and for a reasonable time thereafter or to meet any legal requirements. We have internal data retention policies and standards that meet these requirements. We destroy your Personal Data at the end of the retention period, if it is no longer needed, or if you make a request for the deletion of your Personal Data and it is no longer required for any legal purpose.
What Happens If I Want to Stop Using GL Inspect?
You can stop using your account on GL Inspect at any time. Should you wish to have your account information deleted, contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Periodically, GL Inspect will contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and new service offerings. There are two reasons why we will contact you through email:
- If you provided your consent to marketing communications via email at the time of collection of your Personal Data, or
- If you are an active GL Inspect customer whom we need to provide updates for regarding your existing products or products and services that may be of interest to you.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to receive communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within emails you receive from GL Inspect and choosing the specific communications you want to opt-out of.
Subject to any exceptions provided by law, you have the right to request access to, update or deletion of your Personal Data. You also have the right to request restriction of or object to the processing of your Personal Data. On each particular case we will inform you of the consequences of your request and if there are any exemptions to honouring your requests based on legal or contractual requirements.
To submit any request about your Personal Data you may contact us via email: email@example.com
Notification About Security Breaches
Should GL Inspect learn of a security system breach, we will notify you in order to provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our website.
Contact Us – Data Protection Officer
GL Inspect Welcomes Your Questions and Feedback
GL Inspect GmbH,
Attention: Data Protection Officer
EU individuals – Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
If you reside in the EU and want to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority (Data Protection Authority) you may do so in the Member State where you reside, where you work or where you may have experienced an issue with the processing of your personal data.
Some cookies are necessary to enable you to move around our website and use its features. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the website. The information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the website or your logged-in state, for example. These cookies also may help us provide services, such as watching a video. These cookies do not track your activity on any other website. Please note that a cookie is only saved for 24 hours on a user’s system, or alternatively the cookie will disappear once the user logs off the site.
GL Inspect uses a service from Google called Google Analytics to better understand the nature of the traffic on our website, including how long your site visit was, the pages you visited, and whether or not you have visited our site previously. The Google Analytics cookies do not provide any Personal Data to GL Inspect. We use the information from Google Analytics for user experience improvements and tailoring content to improve the overall usability of our website. You can learn more about how Google Analytics handles your privacy at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
To learn how Google Analytics allows you to opt out of being tracked across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may disable any of the functional or tracking cookies through our Cookies Preferences page. By choosing to disable functional cookies your ability to access certain features of the website may be affected.
The website was compiled with the greatest possible care. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that the information contained is free of errors and accurate. Any liability for damages arising directly or indirectly from the use of this website is excluded unless caused by intent or gross negligence on the part of GL Inspect GmbH.
Liability for the contents of our websites
According to § 7 Abs.1 Telemediengesetz (TMG) we as a service provider are responsible for our own contents on these Internet pages within the framework of the general laws. According to §§ 8 to 10 TMG, we as a service provider do not have the obligation to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to search for indications of illegal activities. Legal obligations to remove or block content or information or to block possible uses of our website are excluded from this. However, liability can only arise from the point in time at which we become aware of a concrete violation of the law. As soon as we learn of a violation of the law within the scope of our Internet offer, we will immediately remove the corresponding contents.
Liability for links
Our internet offer contains links to external websites of third parties. We expressly point out that we have no influence whatsoever on the content of these websites. Accordingly, we cannot assume any liability or guarantee whatsoever for the content of these external websites. The respective provider or operator is responsible. At the time of linking, we checked these pages for possible violations of the law and found no illegal content. A permanent control of linked pages is not possible. An examination can only take place if there are concrete indications of a violation of the law. If we learn of a violation of the law on the linked pages, we will immediately remove the corresponding link from our website.
The contents and works published on our website are subject to German copyright law. Any duplication, processing, distribution and utilization requires the written consent of the respective author or creator. Downloads and copies of these pages are only permitted for private, non-commercial use.
Our pages may contain content that was not created by the operator himself. The copyrights of third parties have been observed for these contents. Contents to which third parties hold the copyright are marked accordingly. If you nevertheless discover a copyright infringement on our Internet pages, we ask you to inform us of this. We will then immediately remove the corresponding content from our website.